According to the officials, tropical cyclone Kenneth hit Mozambique these days. It death toll is up to 38 degrees.
Mozambique storm has hit the country yesterday, on Monday and according to the local authorities, its death toll is 38. Four persons died in the Comoros islands as well, says United Nations Office. This is the strongest storm in the region ever and it has bitten all records.
The Kenneth cyclone is considered to be the second strongest storm in southeast African region. It is slowly moving, frightening the experts to continue with torrential rains in zones, touched by previous cyclone Idai just several weeks ago.
That last time the cyclone took away the lives of 750 people, hitting the region in March 2019 and the expenses for reparations are estimated to be about $1 billion worth. Which is 10% of the country’s GDP. Local habitants are hoping, that the strongest part of the hurricane is over. However, last Thursday the cyclone provoked landfall in Pemba.
The silence of the disaster
For now, the rain has stopped and the streets are passable for people. The owner of an hotel in a town, hit by Ibo says, that the area remained without power and people were waiting for cavalry to come. The country might see nearly 20 inches of water during the following days.
Destroyed towns in Mozambique
According to UNICEF deputy representative in the country, due to Mozambique storm the soil is saturated with rains and the rivers are swollen so the level of emergency gets higher. Extensive damages occurred and thousands homes are destroyed. Current conditions make it difficult to bring the aim to the touched people. Thousands people urgently need food, water, clothes and shelter.
NGO forces tries to reach most hit areas by Mozambique storm, but had to turn back as it is impossible to get there. Authorities are desperately trying to find the ways to get there, but till now – unsuccessfully. It will cost about $13 million to provide food, water, healthcare to Mozambique and Comoros.
© 30.04.2019 05:20PM Maskontravel Company LTD
Article by: Ekaterina Vyurkova
Video: CBS News
- New WIFI Booster – a revolutionary device exposing greedy internet. It boosts your WIFI connection to highest speeds.
- Legislative elections in Spain. Spanish authorities are preparing to hold them on 28th of April.
- Mark Zuckerberg is turning back his fortune after a decline of 20 billion dollar in 2018.
- Revolutionary Samsung Galaxy Fold launch has been delayed due to the screen problems.
- Easter discourse of Pope Francois. Prayers for the peace in Shri Lanka and other countries.
- Easter holidays in Rome, one of most beautiful cities in the world.
- Boeing needs to certify its airplanes after numerous crushes this year.
- Notre Dame de Paris fire. The most famous cathedral in world in burning.
- Guide to Rome. Sights of Rome