Sights of Minsk are located almost at every step. Among them there are many buildings that have become architectural masterpieces. Resting in Minsk, arrange a walk around the city and see the Cathedral of the Descent of the Holy Spirit, which holds the unique icon of the Mother of God. Also in Minsk, many tourists seek to see the Minsk City Hall, which has become one of the symbols of the city.
In addition, travelers should see the Trinity Suburb, which has become an open-air museum, walk alongside the famous Pischalovsky Castle, which is still the current prison.
Also in Minsk there is the Mound of Glory – a monument to the soldiers who liberated Belarus during World War II. It is worth paying attention to the modern architecture of Minsk, represented by the building of the National Library, where the Book Museum is located inside.
Interesting places of Minsk for children:
1) Children’s railway. Despite the name, everything here is real – and diesel locomotives with cars, and traffic rules, and machinists, and conductors, and station managers, and of course, passengers.
2) Minsk Planetarium is the only public planetarium in Belarus, the place where stars can be seen in all its glory at any time of the day and in any weather.
3) Family entertainment centers.
What will be interesting to visit in Minsk in winter?
It is better to come to Minsk in winter time on New Year’s Eve and in January: to see the city and feel the festive mood. The city is filled with open skating rinks, there are also covered. The largest skating rinks are the Minsk-Arena and the Ice Palace. If someone wants an active holiday – you can visit the ski resorts near Minsk.
Many secret places of Minsk you will not found on the tourist map but you have to see them:
1. The water tower (Avtodorovskaya Street, 3) – built in 1910 in the neo-Gothic style. In the last century, the tower supplied water to the hospital buildings of the railway hospital, the locomotive depot and the station.
2. Belaya Dacha (54, Kazintsa Street).
3. The Pit Memorial (Melnikaite Street, 11).
Private places of Minsk
Trinity suburb was created for romantic walks. Walking there with your second half, you can tell an entertaining story about why all the houses in the suburbs are painted in different colors.
For a long time ago, it was not only beautiful, but also convenient: the numbering of houses was not there, but people wanted to write letters to each other. Therefore, the address indicated something like this: “second yellow house from the pharmacy” or “third green house from the bakery.” Most people are amazed by the knowledge of this information. Try it!
This is a short list of the most interesting places of Minsk, which you can add to your discoveries in the capital of Belarus.